Called both Lipa Chancery and Xavier Parish this morning and finally steps have been nailed down.
What the Lipa Chancery needs is for us to submit copies of the following:
- my Baptismal Certificate
- my Confirmation Certificate
- Marriage Contract - translated copy attached
- Copy of my CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage)
- Groom’s Certificate of Singleness – Koseki Tohon (Family Register) and the translated copy will suffice
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry for the Groom – Item 5 will suffice since Hubbie is non-practicing Christian
- Photocopy of the Groom’s passport
Since I’m now in Manila, they agreed that I can send the copies to them via LBC. They will then assess our papers and if cleared, and granting availability of the priest, they will schedule us for an interview on January 4 (to be confirmed) . Depending on the interview results, they will issue a clearance certificate to Xavier Parish, informing the Parish of the “go signal” for us to marry.
At the same time, I will also send copies of the following to Xavier Parish via LBC:
- Marriage Certificate
- New Copy of Baptismal Certificate
- New Copy of Confirmation Certificate
- Name/License No. of Officiating Priest
- Name of Sponsors
- Wallet size picture
If in case I still don’t have with me Items 4 and 5, no problem with them, says Sally. They will then issue the request for the publication of the wedding banns which I will publish in my hometown in Davao.
Xavier Parish will adjust our Canonical interview schedule depending on our interview schedule with Lipa Chancery, granting availability of Parish Priest. So if our schedule with Lipa Chancery is morning of January 4, they can schedule us on the afternoon of January 4 (to be confirmed).
At the time of publication, the following are the helpful contact details of both Lipa Chancery and Xavier Parish:
Lipa Chancery: 6343.7562572; 63917.3545163; Archdiocesan Chancery, Archdiocese of Lipa, Cathedral Site, Lipa City, Batangas; Contact: Ivy P. Vilela
Xavier Parish: 6343.4160564; St. Francis Xavier Parish JP Laurel St. Nasugbu, Batangas 4231; Contact: Sally Dastas